IT Intern - Business Analyst
What you'll do... H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for exceptional students for our 2021 summer internship program. As an intern, you will work at our corporate headquarters in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and other great benefits. Are you an IT student wanting real–life work experience that directly correlates to your field of study? Are you also interested in making a valuable contribution to a top company in the Kansas City area? As an H&R Block intern, you will be on a full–time basis for 8–10 weeks beginning the first week of June. Throughout the summer program, you will have the opportunity to connect with senior leadership, work on meaningful projects, collaborate with other interns, and attend a variety of professional and social events such as executive round tables, professional skills trainings, Royals games, networking events, and much more! What you'll do Some of your internship responsibilities will include researching, gathering and organizing data to provide information for special projects or reports. You will also assist in preparing written reports or executive presentations and other department specific responsibilities as needed. This internship will provide significant guidance and mentoring but you will also be encouraged to work independently as well. About H&R Block... We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward–thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if you also had...
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently while contributing to the success of the team
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable, and detailed–oriented
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new computer–based programs and databases
- Ability to be effective and contribute in a fast–paced corporate environment What you'll bring to the team...
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 and above
- Experience with or knowledge of the software development cycle and concepts, business analytics, or other technical skills