Senior Planning, Projects and System Accountant
Power to shine
Our Finance Division is looking for a highly organised, energetic and technically strong Senior Planning, Projects and Systems Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller Corporate Services, you will be responsible for financial project governance and reporting, system integration and dashboarding, financial forecasts and budgets for ActewAGL.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Prepare and present project financial baselines and schedules to completion (both Opex and Capex) to the various project team
- Contribute to the project pipeline planning and strategy; and with preparation of business cases
- Provide analytical support for change and contingency requests
- Attend and actively contribute to project board meetings
- Liaise with key partners across the business to solve problems and provide support and advice
- Develop, improve, maintain and provide management and project reporting including dashboarding, financial analysis tools, and forecast and budget models
- Prepare quarterly financial forecast, annual budgets and long-term forecast for the relevant Corporate Services business units
- Be able to interpret and communicate variances from baselines
You will need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or a related discipline, and CA/CPA membership or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in the area of Project Accounting and Financial and Management Accounting; preferably in a large infrastructure business in a matrix organisation working across multiple stakeholders
- Proven technical accounting skills with a strong understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and experience in applying accounting concepts as they relate to accounting estimates and judgements
- Demonstrated ability to streamline existing accounting processes while ensuring a strong financial control environment is maintained
- Well-developed quantitative, financial and analytical skills. Have a strong understanding and knowledge of finance accounting systems, data and processes related to the role
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work across multiple systems to extract data and data analysis for reporting purposes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with demonstrated experience in building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support effective delivery of organizational priorities
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Sunday 29 November 2020.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Sheree Bond, Group Manager Commercial Services Corporate on (02) 6248 3805.