Manager, BU Financial Analysis
Manager, Workplace Services Finance, is responsible for managing the financial analysis, execution and performance of Workplace Services, managing a team of analysts, and strategically partnering with the Head of Workplace Services on strategic and forward looking financial analytics.
Responsible for the strategic analytics of the global real estate portfolio, working with the Head of Global Real Estate and third party brokers. Provide data driven analytics to drive decisions on the existing and future occupancy footprint for Northern Trust. Provide insights into the market and qualitative support to enrich the analytics and inform decisions.
Responsible for the financial reporting and month end close of Workplace Services. Manage a team of two analysts in Chicago and two in Manila to effectively and efficiently perform FP&A activities for Workplace services, including but not limited to month end close, management reporting, forecast and plan.
Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the function. Develops, implements, and communicates the direction of the team's financial analytical processes and strategies to meet both the function’s and the corporation’s strategic plan.
- Manages the MRPA function of WPS globally with staff in Chicago and Manila, including management review and communication of financials at Executive level. Partners with local finance teams to find efficiencies and synergies in a regional model delivering for a global business unit.
- Manages the relationship with third party facilities managers responsible for financials and third party brokers modeling the cash basis of the deals.
- Foster and develop a culture of collaboration and best in class financial acumen, and lead by example
- Develop an understanding of real estate drivers and priorities to assist WPS leadership make informed , data driven decisions
- Serve as primary lead for strategic real estate analysis, oversee complex projects, be responsible for the analytics, results and decisions driven from the financials, partnering with third party brokers, regional finance teams, and corporate controller and accounting policy teams
- Manage the expectations around workload and deliverables, manage multiple revisions of lease reviews, financial business cases and pro formas, and partner with third party broker to develop efficient operating model to support the business
- Partners with WPS Exec on the strategy and financial analytics on strategic analyses and priorities.
- Ability to manage and work through ambiguity and nuance
- Manage and analyze the financials with a critical and question eye and articulate assumptions the their impacts on financial performance
- Clear, concise, effective communication of the business drivers and financial impacts of complete global real estate deals to senior management
- Understands the US GAAP / IFRS and cash based impacts of lease accounting on the financials and can articulate those impacts to senior management
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment;
- Consistently deliver quality client services and drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes
- Provide consultation to optimize the use of real-world data to accelerate research, development and market decisions
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, with 10+ years’ experience
- CPA/MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with understanding and analyzing complex contracts and financial impacts.
- Experience with real estate financial analytics or similar financial investment decisions required
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statement
- International experience is a must
- Proven management and leadership experience of finance teams
- Extensive experience establishing strong and constructive relationships with Leadership
- Ability to manage 3rd party relationships
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/ interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.