Commercial and Operating Model Lead – Alpha Data Services
Job description: Commercial and Operating Model Lead – Alpha Data Services
Bring your financial services commercial management and execution of the operating model experience to the Alpha Data Services team. Lead the new and enhanced commercials for increasing complex client requests.
This role is for a commercial and operating model lead to lead the Alpha Data Services as a Service officering. This individual will be responsible for the ongoing delivery and market positioning for DaaS, being brought to the market within the SSGX division.
State Street Global Exchange combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Data GX is a Data as a Service (DaaS) offering specializing in investment reference, position, translation, Index, Analytics, Risk, Performance data.
Direct responsibilities for this position include:
- Own and drive Alpha Data services commercials. Work with internal and external clients to understand requirements to drive pricing model.
- View service offering through commercial lens and manage product level P/L
- Understand the Data management needs of our clients and sync to State Street’s Data service capabilities. Quickly identify gaps and solution sustainable results.
- Participate in sales process to articulate Alpha Data Services capability and understand gaps based on client needs.
- Lead building and optimization of services operating model globally.
- Participate and represent business in contract negotiations.
- Understand the Data management needs of our clients and sync to Data service capabilities. Quickly identify gaps and solution sustainable results.
- Engage with clients and prospects directly to get feedback and translate into actionable items. This role will provide influence and consultative support to the Sales teams as they engage with prospects.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop a profitable operating model to support the Alpha clients
- Builds a rigorous management cadence and pipeline routines to encourage predictability, accountability and accuracy.
- Build and lead professional globally.
- Collaborates with internal marketing teams, product leads and operations to create meaningful metrics and reporting.
- Ideal candidate will have 15 years or more experience in fields related to asset management, accounting, compliance, risk and derivatives
- Clear understanding of investment lifecycle pertaining to Security master, Trade, Positions, analytics, performance, attribution, risk.
- Prior experience in client facing, contract negotiation, pricing roles.
- Prior experience managing a commercial offering at service provider and/or Product management (software or services) is a big plus.
- Experience interacting with external and internal clients.
- Ability to travel for client and prospect visits will be necessary.
- BS or BA degree required; Master’s degree, CPA, or CFA preferred.
- Highly collaborative and flexible. Ability to build effective working relationships with others inside and outside the organization, including senior leadership.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically to solve complex problems. High results orientation and strong collaborator.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization and able to build consensus and initiate strategic change in areas of responsibility.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.