Associate Consultant, Risk Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Associate Consultant supports the Fraud Analytics work and is responsible for developing Data management and Analytical solutions to support fraud and AML by understanding complex technical rules/ scenarios to maximize the effectiveness of fraud detection and prevention programs. This is an individual contributor role. He/she will be part of Model Strategy and Data Analytics Team
- Support the data analytics and Data Engineering needs of AML and Fraud Analytics.
- Develop using SQL, Python, Apache Spark, SAS and any other Data Integration tools to create data sets required for analytic solutions
- Analyze and understand Northern Trust risk-related processes and data flows to design and develop enduring database and BI solutions that provide analytical insights
- Contribute to the development and delivery of solutions that: leverage and extend existing Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence and analytics infrastructure; take data governance and enterprise solutions into consideration; are scalable, repeatable and effective; and follow agreed upon governance and technology policies
- Develop dashboard and create ad-hoc reporting as needed using self-service tools like Power BI and Incorta
- Create and maintain requirements, specifications, and business processes documentation
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve accuracy, viability and value
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Master/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Applications, Data Analytics or a related field preferably from Tier 1 institution
- Strong database systems development competence and data architecture/ modelling skills
- Knowledge of AML fraud analytics and transaction monitoring is required
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Strong capability to load and process large amounts of data into BigData, Apache Spark data solutions for analytical purposes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in SQL, Python, Spark and SAS programming
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of other Risk Management areas: AML/KYC, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Securities, Information security, Business Continuity is a plus
- Good to have: Exposure to RPA, Incorta, Azure/ Cloud and BigData
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of data management and analytical platforms and tools.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.