Teacher of Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
- Location negotiable across TAFE NSW North Region
- $82.75 per hour
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We partner with industry to deliver relevant, high quality, practical training to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to help grow the NSW economy.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Part Time Casual Teaching opportunities in Accounting and Bookkeeping as they arise within the TAFE NSW North Region, including our Connected Learning Centres at Singleton, Yamba, Murwillumbah and Scone.
To access a map of TAFE NSW campuses within the North regionclick here
To succeed in the role, you will need to be a passionate subject matter expert within Accounting and Bookkeeping and have a minimum of 2 years industry experience. You have a vibrant, motivating and engaging teaching style with a willingness to share your extensive knowledge with our peers and students. You are technologically savvy with ability to confidently use programs and connected learning platforms.
The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
Be a part of a business that makes a difference to people's lives!
• FNS40217- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent
- TAE40116- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
- Minimum 2 years or equivalent, relevant industry experience in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- BAS agent and Bookkeeper Industry currency
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends
- Demonstrated experience in Digital literacy (MYOB, MS Teams, MS 365 products, Moodle or another LMS) )
- Need to be eligible for membership of one of the professional BAS agent or Bookkeeper associations e.g. Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency
- Commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment
- Great team player who strives to achieve success for your all students
For full details about the role review the Position Description and the Information Package
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume including addressing the Additional Requirement and copies of your qualifications
- Attach a cover letter
- Click 'Apply now' where you are required to answer two targeted questions (max 300 words in response)
Applications Close: Monday 23 November 2020 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries - Please contact Phil Sallis via email on Phil.Sallis5@tafensw.edu.au or via telephone on 02 4348 4438
Recruitment Enquiries - Megan Andrewsvia email at email@example.com or phone 1300 652 786
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job - if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact Megan Andrews via firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.