Diversity Demand Mgmt Manager
Responsible for managing a Procurement / Finance Demand Management group, including conducting the performance management process and providing input for staffing and disciplinary actions. Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to achieve optimum results for the corporation. Improve corporate profitability and mitigate risks through developing, implementing, and communicating the direction of Supplier Diversity and Supplier Relationship / Demand Management global processes and strategies to meet both the functions and the corporations strategic plan. Provide financial and analytic support for sourcing, both pre and post award. Analyze contracts and create financial scenarios and model through reviewing demand, drivers, and compliance. Job focus is on managing others and applying operational or strategic management skills. Management responsibilities and decisions likely include hiring, performance reviews, pay decisions and development. Achieves goals mostly through work of others. Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams. Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and organizational objectives
- Manages staff in delivery of Supplier Diversity and Supplier Relationship / Demand Management global processes and strategies to meet both the functions and the corporations strategic plan
- Devise and implement strategies to support corporate and business unit objectives in expense reduction, process improvement and new business support as it relates to demand management.
- Analyzes contracts, expenditures, and researches variances, while compiling financial data, and provides financial report for the business units
- Develops and presents financial analysis, findings, recommendations, and status to business unit senior management.
- Coordinates corporate policies relative to procurement, third party supplier contracting Supplier Relationship / Demand Management practices.
- Responsible for partnering with procurement, the business units, and finance to attain expense reductions through business unit sponsored initiatives, negotiated savings, post sourcing savings and continuous process improvements.
- Establish and manage best practices related to overall Supplier Diversity and Supplier Relationship / Demand Management activities, including best in class systems and process functionality to mitigate risk and improve process efficiency
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing, disciplinary actions and staff training requirements.
- Develops department goals, organizes the work, sets short-term and long term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Provides input and support to the budget management process in planning and forecasting department expenses.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Utilize RPA and other efficiency tactics to optimize processes
- Identifies and solves complex, operational and organizational problems leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department
- Guided by organization functional business plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Bachelor’s degree and /or equivalent work experience to include 10+ in procurement, sourcing, contract management, and supplier management.
- Financial analysis experience to include the ability to communicate financial information to various constituents.
- Strategic as well as operational expertise is required to provide long term planning and execution in supply chain and finance attributes to meet Corporation and business unit profitability, efficiency and risk mitigation goals.
- Manages multiple related teams, sets departmental priorities and allocates resources to align with business objectives and annual plan
- Possesses a strong procurement, contracts, and supplier management acumenExcellent project management, facilitation, negotiation, finance, analytical and change management skills.
- Must be an excellent motivator and communicator to manage staff and cross functional teams
- Candidate must have strong attention to detail and be well organized.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required to present relevant information to senior management and business unit managers.
- Proven ability to conduct and/or manage special projects and ad hoc requests to support finance leadership
- Applies knowledge of key business drivers and the factors that maximize department performance
- Persuades managers and leaders to take action and/or negotiates with external partners/vendors/clients
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.