Quantitative Risk, Sr Assc
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Business Analyst Sr Assc, you will:
- Defining, analyzing and documenting project requirements, prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups;
- Translating requirements for the team, and apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving;
- Coordinate with the department heads, supervisors, and managers to solicit cooperation and resolve the problems
- Reviewing of project plans to coordinate project activity and further develop project goals, policies, and procedures; hold regular meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress.
- Evaluating the organization's technology use, thus recommending improvements in software applications and hardware instruments
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Finance, Statistics, or Economics;
- Experience working in Fund Accounting;
- 3+ years of experience in working with financial analytics or financial / technology project management. Fintech project management experience is preferred.
- Exceptional new graduates will be considered for junior PM.
- Familiar with large quantities of data from data providers (Bloomberg, Reuters, Wind, etc)
- Familiar with general IT and financial modeling tools: SQL and NoSQL, Python and C++; Matlab, R, SAS is a plus
- Understanding of machine learning algorithm and large scale data processing methods strongly preferred
- CFA / FRM certification is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, prioritize work, establish deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills. Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the project team
- Entrepreneurial interest and business sense.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and minimum 3 years’ experience in related function
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.