Alpha Portfolio Services, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with Clients, SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients. The Alpha Portfolio Services team is responsible for ensuring the Investment book of records is accurately maintained and ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms. The role will interact with the Clients (predominantly Front Office) and being a key liaison with various portfolio managers and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role will need to initiate and develop good communication and interpersonal relationship with Front Office/Portfolio Managers’ teams and to maintain the high level of service that is currently being provided to all the clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Portfolio Services, Officer you will
- Liaise with colleagues and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Enterprise applications, especially ESP and ensure client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Review of various control reports eg reconciliation, material breaks and others to ensure the health of client’s portfolios are maintained.
- Managerial Responsibilities:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of: <UL type="circle">
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure accountability within the team
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
- Extensive financial services experience, including investment operations; min 5 years experience in either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk
- Experience dealing with multiple levels of management within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with different teams
- Project Management skills and ability to implement new processes/procedures
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL is advantageous.
- Experience with data warehouse and understanding of data flow and data delivery is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.