Consultant - PPNR Model Development
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
This Consultant position supports the PPNR modeling team and responsible for acting as an individual contributor in the development and maintenance of high quality risk analytics for PPNR and stress tests. Resolve complex issues in PPNR modeling and measuring risk, enhancement in PPNR methodologies or other aspects of risk measurement. The main focus is on analytics for projecting Non Interest Income, Expense, Deposit, balance sheet and net income components. He/she will be part of Global Model Strategy and Data Analytics Team and closely work with modelers, business and validation team.
- Responsible for PPNR model development for Non-Interest Income, Net Interest Income, Expense, Deposit, Balance and/or overseeing quantitative analytical processes for risk. Ensures regular production of analytical work. Acts as point of contact for PPNR with regulators, Audit Services, and other independent reviewers.
- Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state.
- Supports stress testing, capital quantification and/or internal capital allocation methodologies. Ensures that modeling approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
- Provides technical/theoretical expertise to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework. Works with other risk or business unit teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent.
- Provides communication and training efforts to promote understanding of risk measurement throughout the company
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of banking balance sheets and income statements.
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Conducts analysis, independently ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or senior management.
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for specific product(s).
- Ph.D. in Statistics/Economics with specialization in regression or time series only
- Strong CCAR and DFAST, FRY-14A, SR-11/7 understanding. Strong regulatory understanding
- Experience in PPNR model building is preferred
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques including familiarity with statistical concepts used in stress testing Strong in quantitative skills – experience in model validation a plus
- Experience in R, SAS, Matlab, advanced Excel techniques and VBA programming. SAS is preferred
- Strong Experience in building linear regression models, Nonlinear regression, time series modeling (ARIMA, AR, VAR, MA ) and stochastic process
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment
- Related Industry qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM) a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.