- Rapidly growing SME construction business
- Financial Controller leading small team of mixed experience
Client DetailsThe company is fast-growing Construction SME. It is ambitious, exciting, and are looking for a confident and experienced SME Financial Controller to lead the core finance function, and inherit management responsibility for the Finance Team, ideally coming from either a construction or manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Finance Director from our Alfreton office, and supporting the wider business, this key role will be accountable for:
- Overall responsibility for the finance department on a day to day basis
- Managing a small team of finance professionals
- Responsible for the monthly management accounts and analysis of trends in business performance through meaningful KPI's
- Ownership of budgets and forecasts
- Profitability analysis of products, corporate tax, VAT, Payroll and adhoc projects
- Ensuring effective financial controls
- Managing key stakeholder relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Occasional hands-on involvement with budgeting, costing and variance analysis
To be successful, you will be qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA and have gained post qualification in either a construction or manufacturing oriented SME organisation. You will have developed commercial accounting experience and strong technical accounting skill set, and have managed small teams in your recent role.
We are looking for an experience leader who has all round finance experience and capable of managing a team as well as senior stakeholder relationships.
Job OfferBase salary £45,000-£50,000Bonus 10%PensionLife assurance25 days holiday