We are looking to strengthen our IFRS team with experienced profiles. Within this team we actively support our audit teams and our clients in the area of auditing their IFRS consolidated financial statements. We provide accounting assistance to both internal and external clients on complex business transactions like M&A, IPO or restructuring. We also organize and manage both internal and external IFRS events and trainings.
Our IFRS and audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses active in a variety of industries (including, but not limited to, power and utilities, chemistry, technology, media and entertainment etc.)
Through this vacant position we envision to recruit experienced profiles to work specifically on accounting excellence. Our team is active in the Diegem, Antwerp and Ghent office allowing you to work in a flexible manner.
Within our IFRS team you will act as an IFRS expert for our audit team and your client portfolio. You will have following tasks & responsibilities:
- Acting as an expert regarding all IFRS related questions (related to a transaction or an audit);
- You ensure the follow-up of the IFRS developments & external publications in order to be able to advice clients correctly on the impact of these changes on their daily financial management;
- You support the audit teams with IFRS assignments;
- You review the financial reports of performed audits.
We are currently looking to welcome an experienced profile within our team. Someone with a hands-on approach that can assist in performing not only technical analysis, but also providing practical insight. Our IFRS team is actively contributing to the training of both colleagues and clients. Therefore a part of your job would also be to provide such IFRS trainings internally as well as externally.
We recruit and develop experts who are motivated to learn, enthusiast about sharing their knowledge in teams and make a meaningful impact on our society by creating a better working world. Therefore, the ideal candidate has intellectual curiosity, strong analytical and entrepreneurial skills, and attention to details that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems.
- You have a Master Degree and +3 years of experience in a domain relevant to IFRS;
- You are fluent in Dutch with a very good knowledge of English, knowledge of French is a plus;
- You are a born team player, stress-resistant and results-oriented;
- Your work style is pragmatic and hands-on;
- You have a good knowledge of the IFRS standards and BEGAAP accounting;
- You have a passion for IFRS and are willing to continuously keep your knowledge up to date with the new evolvements;
- You are a results-oriented team player.
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: car and fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.