- 6-month FTC, chance to go permanent!
- Start within the week!
- Subiaco Location, Onsite parking!
This well-known brand is seeking the expertise of a Payroll Officer with strong technical skills, who is confident in owning the payroll function and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Due to industry growth, our client is organically expanding and as such, this is an exciting time to join! You will enjoy a modern, fast-paced work environment and excellent options for career growth with a company that champions work-life balance and employee recognition.
In this dynamic role you will support the finance department in a variety of clerical duties, and you will be responsible for full function payroll for 400 + employees (50 salaried and 350 support workers). Duties will include payroll processing on a weekly basis, interpretation of multiple awards, calculating tax, superannuation, PAYG & termination payments. You will also assist with month end payroll reporting and be the key contact for all payroll queries.
You will be working closely with a senior payroll officer, and a Payroll Project Manager, who will be implementing a new payroll system, as well as award interpretation tools.
Your time management skills will be one of your best assets, and your ability to communicate effectively with both the internal and external stakeholders will really let you shine. You have the leadership skills to deliver training to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems.
Your Skills & Experience
- Full function payroll experience spanning at least 3+ years with a large corporation.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel skills.
- Remarkable attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills.
You are a self-starter, who is just as comfortable working independently or as part of a team. Your time management skills are second to none, and you have an exceptional eye for detail. Your creative flair allows you to offer innovative suggestions to improve payroll processes, and you relish the challenge of learning new systems and sharing your know-how with junior colleagues.
This role is currently vacant and requires you to be able to start within the week of interviewing.
What's on offer?
- A 6 month fixed term contract, with the high chance for permanency
- An outstanding opportunity to build on your experience, expand your skill set and forge ahead with your career.
- The support of a hard-working and highly professional team.
- A dynamic work environment where no two days are ever the same.
- A highly coveted program of benefits including ongoing training and development.
- An employer who promotes team members based on merit and encourages work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.