Sr. Consultant, Fund Administration, Hedge Fund Services
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (NTHFS) is a leading provider of middle and back office services to hedge funds and other organizations with complex assets and strategies. NTHFS brings together powerful technology and highly skilled professionals to help our clients handle complexity and execute their strategies. With approximately $100 billion in assets under administration, NTHFS is one of the world’s fastest growing hedge fund administrators in the industry.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background, experience working within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of working well with and leading others. The Senior Consultant will be part of our Financial Control team dedicated to servicing a global, multi-strategy hedge fund with several billion dollars in assets under management. The candidate will be heavily involved in year-end financial reporting responsibilities, working as part of the client’s dedicated financial reporting team. Throughout the summer and fall, the individual will be primarily responsible for ad hoc financial reporting projects as well as execution of cross-functional client projects involving process automation and enhancements.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong communication, relationship, and facilitation skills to work directly with clients.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Executes efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Able to consult with clients on a regular basis and communicate expectations and deadlines internally.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain accuracy
- Lead the annual year-end audit process, including planning and coordination with the client and external auditors as well as internal team members, review and delivery of financial statements and footnotes, including under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Research, analyze and document new accounting pronouncements and the impact on current or proposed transactions/policies
- Dedicated to servicing a global, multi-strategy hedge fund with several billion dollars in assets under management.
- Identify, develop, and execute on process improvements including major technology initiatives focused on increasing the scalability of our financial reporting processes and providing solutions to client mandates
- Acquire content knowledge to function as the team Subject Matter Expert on financial reporting topics and act as a point of escalation to ensure accuracy and responsiveness
- Complete quality checks and reviews on year-end financial reporting packages and reports.
- Develop and maintain detailed process documents for financial reporting topics
- Work collaboratively and provide ongoing financial reporting support for both clients and internal teams
- Communicate client expectations and deadlines across business units involved
- Consult with clients on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction
- A minimum of 4+ years’ accounting experience, specifically with multi-strategy Hedge Funds in the Investment Management space
- CPA, CFA, or other equivalent professional certification required
- Financial Reporting or Big 4 public accounting experience required
- Experience preparing and reviewing US GAAP financial statements; IFRS a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting; Master’s degree a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.