Consultant, Client Expenses
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
The Ireland Client Expenses Team is responsible for the payment of Third Party, Management, Performance and Directors fee payments along with the calculation and filing of all related tax returns. The team is also responsible for the preparation and review of client budgets on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare and review third party, management, performance and directors fee payments to agreed SLA’s
- Prepare and review payment instructions and banking entries for all clients
- Prepare and review client static data set up and amendments
- Prepare and review of budgets prepared to ensure timely issue to clients, escalate as appropriate
- Review the team email inbox to ensure all queries are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
- Active participation in weekly operations call and monthly service reviews
- Ensure all issues and actions required to enable the above are captured in the appropriate log
- Act as a Subject matter expert and mentor analysts, senior analysts and technical coordinators within the team
- Client implementation and On boarding
- Assist with the completion of detailed analysis of team processes and reporting as part of the month end process
- Work with management on current state of deliverables, delays, errors, workloads etc. MIS / SharePoint & tracking spreadsheets to be up to date at all times
- Build strong working relationships with contacts in other business units
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all systems, controls and processes, ensuring that the team as a whole are competent and proficient in the use / application of the same
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to share the knowledge in the form of training, mentoring or coaching others
- Provide input to systems, controls and business process projects as required
- Complete ad-hoc work as required
- Some Client Accounting and Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Word skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to work in a high volume environment
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- Enthusiastic and positive personality
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment effectively to ensure critical daily deadlines are met
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, team leads, business and overseas partners
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- 5-7 years experience in the finance industry
- Experienced background in a compliance focused environment
- Experienced background in a high performing daily deliverable environment
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Internal candidates must meet the IJP eligibility requirements of Northern Trust
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.