Senior Business Analyst - Public Sector
Senior Business Analyst
The Computer Merchant (TCM) is seeking several Senior Business Analysts to support a long term public sector technology project. This project is focused on the successful delivery of a disease surveillance & outbreak management system and is used by public health officials, medical providers, epidemiologists and laboratories to provide, support and share information during an outbreak crisis.
Project and Client Management
- Develop working relations with Client, third party vendors and internal Client groups for the flawless execution of projects, tasks and issues
- Manage the projects to ensure they are on time and within scope.
- Develop project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Monitor and manage client and internal escalations.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain project documentations.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Analyzing the Scope of the Requirements for new implementation and change work and manage the requirements to avoid Scope Creep.
- Participating in internal and external meetings and contributing to technical approach
- Interacting with various internal/external business team members to gather the requirements and document the requirements for data interface developments, file transfer protocols and/or program updates including the testing methodology and Process improvements
- Perform requirements documentation, reporting, project tracking, issue tracking, and analysis, using Excel and Word.
Production Support and Management
- Manage production calendars and ensure ongoing deliverables are met
- Develop and maintain documentation of process flows and identify and assist in the execution of process improvements.
- Use Cybermation to execute various process flows for client administrative processing.
- Manage client and internal production escalations.
Data Analysis, Research
- Query and extract information from various client tables to be utilized for reporting, analysis, and support.
- Create complex reports to meet client and internal needs
- Execute and own complex research initiatives and analyze and resolve technical issues resulting from operational control breakdowns, legislative changes, or system outages.
- Use Mainframe to access information that is utilized in client administration