Utility Data Business Analyst
Join a member–driven leader in a fast–paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America's network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry–leading financial products to more than 900 not–for–profit, consumer–controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the "CFC Difference" that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Utility Data Business Analyst in the BID – Regulatory Affairs group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide data analytic services to support regulatory, rate and operational consulting services for CFC member systems.
As a Utility Data Business Analyst, you will:
• Provide Regulatory Affairs team members data analytics support and services to support cost of service studies, billing analysis and in developing specialty rates to include residential demand, EV, time–of–use, interruptible, and demand side management for CFC members.
• Responsible for calculating metrics used in monthly and ad–hoc reporting.
• Serve as a resource in translating complex AMI electric meter data into key strategy insights and valuable actions.
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of large data sets used for analytics.
• Perform data exploration and data mining to support business cases and guide strategic initiatives.
• Discover business narratives from the data and create business intelligence dashboards, visualizations, and/or other analytics reports describing narratives and offer actionable recommendations well–supported by analytical models and data that address business needs or that resolve impediments.
• Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for energy analytic systems.
• Create automated analytics systems and managing its performance.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or related degree is required.
• 3 years of data analytics experience.
• Experience with electric utilities preferred.
• Data–oriented with the ability to think quantitatively.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Knowledge of BI software e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx.
• Excellent data mining skills using programming languages like Python, R and SQL.
• Understanding of basic statistical and predictive modeling and analysis and experiment design.
• Understanding of emerging technology, including machine learning.
• Ability to identify unique opportunities to collect new data and strategize new uses for data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of electric utility industry preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short–term and long–term incentive opportunities; an employer–paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more–all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at .
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.