Temporary Assistant (12 months), Global Compliance and Reporting (Application Development), Tax
Temporary Assistant (12 months), Global Compliance and Reporting (Application Development), Tax, Singapore
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will help to develop applications for the team to provide quality service to our clients
About the opportunity
Do you want to be the solution, not just part of it? Then join EY and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Businesses today are subject to ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory change. Helping businesses navigate these challenges requires advisors with relevant technology knowledge to manage our businesses effectively.
In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose
Your key responsibilities
In this assignment, you have the opportunity to use established work procedures to analyze, code, implement, and troubleshoot tax based desktop, client-server and/or web based applications. Work commitment and quality consciousness is the key.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Maintenance and improvements of existing applications
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirement
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to the applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Detail oriented and possess initiatives
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undertaking a degree in Computer Science / IT related
- Familiar with any of the following concepts and technologies:
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Data Transaction and Analytics
- Entity-Relationship (ER) modeling and database design
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing patterns
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- N-tier and N-layered architecture
- MVC architecture
- Visual Studio 2010 and above
- SQL Server 2008 and above
- MS Excel, MS Word and mail merging
- Crystal Reports and ActiveReports
- ASP.NET MVC/WebApi 4/5
- NET Framework
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Whilst forming part of a dedicated team, you can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about business innovation, R&D and new technology and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. In Singapore, we have a history of 129 years, with over 150 partners and close to 3,100 people offering services to a wide-ranging clientele consisting of multinational companies, private companies and public sector organizations. The Singapore firm is part of an integrated Asia-Pacific area, which comprises more than 40,000 people in 22 countries, contributing to our total global headcount of nearly 250,000 people working across 152 countries.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.