Operations Plant Controller - Manitowoc, WI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where You'll Work
Along the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, our Manitowoc, WI location is part of our Smoke and Grill Division and creates condensed, natural smoke for our customers and brands. You’ll work in a state-of-the-art facility with a team that’s committed to helping each other succeed in their roles through structured training and a committed, engaged supervisor. Are you looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you can have some fun with? With our engagement program, volunteer days and energetic culture, we might be the team for you.
What You'll Do
The Plant Controller will have responsibility for Kerry’s Manitowoc & Rhinelander liquid smoke manufacturing facilities, and will lead and support the Operations Finance function for the sites. Assist with reporting and identifying of cost savings opportunities, and leading a team of two plant accountants. Including providing accurate financial and statistical data in order for plant management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of site operations. The position will report to the Operations Finance Director and will work in partnership with the plant manager.
The sites are hungry for financial support and they'll want you to be a great partner and understand the operations and the business. If you like to be involved and be an important member of the team, this is a great position that gets you out from behind the desk.
Examples of your day-to-day:
- Proper control and valuation of inventory.
- Review plant expenses monthly and be proactive in cost control.
- Complete monthly reporting pack for plant (including KPIs)
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly statistics
- Manufacturing order cost vs budget / target
- Direct allocated cost analysis vs budget / target
- Capital projects performance reporting
- Supply Chain / distribution efficiency measurement
- Budgeting/ Forecasting / Planning
- Engagement with plant leadership
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting required
- CPA, CMA or equivalent is desired
- Expert knowledge of Excel, ERP and Accounting Systems and experience with Performance based measurement.
- Experience with SAP desired
- Demonstrated experience with long term strategic planning, investing analysis, acquisition, capital, cost management, capital reporting, budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, financial reporting, managing fixed assets, closing the books, processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, budgeting, intercompany allocations, year-end audit and technical accounting are all highly desired
- Experience in commercial or manufacturing (food, chemical or Pharmaceutical industry) is beneficial
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.