Head of Real Estate Fund Administration, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are a team of dedicated Alternatives professionals who are passionate about delivering quality service and support to our fund clients. Join this growing, high profile team focused on building solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Real Estate you will:
- We are looking for a seasoned real asset professional to help drive the expansion of our Real Assets business in APAC and consolidate our market leading position in Asia. This senior managerial position has the responsibility for building out the business through a partnership with our regional and global AIS business.
- Lead a team of real estate professionals and investment controllers to provide exceptional fund administration service to our real asset clients.
- Maintain relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street and ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Work with other home site locations and hub locations on deliverable quality improvement, KPI and efficiency projects.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, in particular those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency and deliver outstanding client service.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of private funds structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Model professionalism and ethical behaviors in all interactions, both internal and external.
- Develop and execute business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with clients
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 13+ years’ experience working within real estate / private equity financial operations, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- University degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Solid knowledge of private markets is required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.