Client Property Accountant
The individual will be responsible for servicing the accounting needs of a portfolio of real estate clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met.
Real Estate & Financial Control firm located in the Heart of Central London.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
- Dealing with year-end audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting operation.
- Collect appropriate data and preparing government reports and tax returns.
- A full understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a real estate/property client accounts environment OR within a real estate/property company.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Part-Qualified, having sat and passed exams. Finalist level is the preference.
- Strong academic backround having achieved 2:1 or higher in a relevant degree. Candidates who are also A-Level leavers with strong academics & relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience with Yardi system is preferred
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Looking to pay up to £50,000 with a benefits package including study support.