Summer Intern Accounting (Summer Only - May 2021)
- Energy Transfer is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 86,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
- Perform general accounting duties such as account reconciliations to support accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers, assist with preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and special projects as needed
- Perform operational accounting duties including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, invoicing analysis, volumetric and/or gallon reconciliations, and customer settlements
- Work cross-functionally with measurement, scheduling, business development, contract administration and other related departments in completing the monthly close processes for midstream, pipeline assets, and fuel distribution in the organization
- Strong skills and orientation to transaction management and reconciliation
This is a twelve (12) week internship programstarting in May 2021. You must be enrolled in college during the program
Summary: San Antonio, TX
Our Accounting Department is seeking dynamic, personable, and professional Accounting Interns for the 2021 summer. Departments including accounting systems, financial reporting, fixed assets, operational accounting and shared services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ideal candidate expectations, roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Currently enrolled in college majoring in Accounting or Finance
- Preferably junior status as of Fall 2021
- General requirements include self-motivated individuals, involvement in activities outside college studies.
- Above average GPA
- Completion of introductory level accounting and/or finance courses before the commencement of the internship
- Strong computer and advanced Excel skills preferred
- Must possess a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt well to rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to organize, perform and prioritize various functions in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player, and able to work effectively with a diverse workforce and with various levels within the organization
No housing or relocation allowance.
This is a twelve (12) week program starting in May 2021