Legal Entity Accounting- India Entities ,Pune, ENO#156238
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
The team is also responsible as Legal Entity controllers for representing to Business Partner Managers any production issues for the entity across all processes and for preparation of communication of results, issues, and control matters to senior management, Boards and Audit Committees.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Overview of business area or project:
- Legal Entity Accounting & Review Team is responsible for the generation of entity level accounting, for undertaking detailed analysis and review of reporting and results as a key control and to provide basic information for performance management.
Main responsibilities of the Legal Entity Controller/ LEAR team are to:
- Ensure generation of legal entity accounting in compliance with applicable GAAPs and timely close of Books and Records.
- Perform detailed analysis of entity results and communicate the results thereto through business partners
- Ensure appropriate controls exist and operate effectively within the accounting and reporting function
- Represent Legal Entities in various firm wide Forums and provide input on accounting matters.
- Update Stakeholders on Entity Results, Governance & Control Matters
- Accounting and Finance: Preparation/Finalisation of monthly financial records (GL,TB) including transaction processing, reconciliations as per Credit Suisse AG group accounting policies, supporting treasury and banking activities
- Statutory, Internal and tax audits: Co-ordinating with Auditors for Finalisation of Accounts, Tax Audit and Certification work
- Group Reporting: Month end reporting as per CS Group requirement – MIS packs, GL accounts balance reconciliations as per CS standards with adequate back up/supporting documents (GLASS sign off), Accountable for adherence to CS Accounting Policy
- Regulatory Compliance - Monthly reporting for STPI, RBI, GST etc.
- Direct Tax: Prepare tax calculations, advance tax, maintain tax records, liaise with tax team and timely preparation of details required during the Tax assessments, Transfer pricing etc.
- Indirect Tax: Service tax returns, registers, assessments, refund certifications etc. co-ordination with accounts payable team for monthly/periodical information
- Adhoc: Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to various teams Responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from business partners (internal and external)
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Adherence to quality standards and timeliness is critical
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- CPA or Chartered Accountant or professional with proven relevant experience (desired)
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
1. Business Knowledge
- Proven experience in exposure to STPI reporting process is preferable
- Previous exposure to financial reporting & Management Reporting is desirable.
- Knowledge of Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Companies Act
- Fair understanding of global investment banking culture
2. Interpersonal Skills
- Proactive, agile, self-starter, flexible, hardworking, quick adaptability/learning, time management.
- Strong collaborative and relationship management skills
- Phenomenal teammate
- Issue/conflict resolutions
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Handling sensitive or controversial information in a thoughtful and considered manner.
- Process oriented
3. Client Orientation
- Strong customer service orientation in a controlled infrastructure.
- The role is critical and is being requested to cover up for resource who would be on maternity break effective Apr’19.
- It impacts entity close leading to operational failures including ledger close errors, US GAAP reporting errors, incorrect local statutory reporting and delay in completion of statutory accounts.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.