Tax – Financial Services, Global Compliance Reporting (US Tax) – Senior/ Staff Accountant
EY Financial Services (FS) Tax services provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the FS market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds.
Join the highly integrated global EY network of international tax professionals who help clients manage business tax responsibilities including managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations. Our multidisciplinary teams cover everything from helping to manage global operational changes and transactions, capitalization and repatriation issues, transfer pricing and the client’s supply chain — from forward planning, through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to provide on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with a team of professionals in providing the US tax advice to asset management clients and assist them in meeting their tax compliance obligations.
- Assist in preparation of US federal/state partnership tax returns and other tax compliance related matters for hedge funds, private equity investment funds and other financial service companies
- Assist in correspondence with the US tax authorities on clients' tax matters
- Assist in FATCA related engagements and provide regulatory updates on FATCA to clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in economics, finance or law (an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable)
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one. AICPA qualification preferable
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel will be an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.