Audit Manager, Financial Services (12 month contract)
1 day left
- Experience level
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A are recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Risk Management and Finance Audit team is responsible for auditing the Risk Management and Financial Services Business Units of CBA. This coverage includes the following:
- Core Finance; including Group Finance, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Business and Support Unit Finance
- Specialist areas; including Property, Security, Treasury and Investor Relations
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Delivering objective and insightful audit services to Financial Services (e.g., Group Chief Financial Officer and their leadership team) and the Board Audit Committee, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees
- Identifying commercial insights as part of high quality audit reports, which help customers to make a difference to their business
Do work that matters
- In line with CBA Internal Audit Methodology build, review and deliver effective and efficient assurance of the Risk Management and Finance Portfolio
- Effectively assist the Executive Manager in delivering on assigned scope areas of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Solve problems by applying innovative thinking and actively participate in processes to capture and act on innovation ideas, which improve the way we work
- Draft issues and agree factual accuracy and ratings with the Team Leader and the stakeholders, as well support the Team Leader in preparing simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reporting, including audit reports and issue logs
- Create and develop independent and objective relationships within GA&A, the bank and externally to enable effective knowledge sharing and collaboration
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Experience and background in either Internal Audit, External Audit, Line 2 Risk Management or Line 1 Financial Services
- Knowledge of the Operational, Credit, Market and Regulatory risks associated with Financial Services
- Clear communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present to senior management
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and influence work cross-functionally
- Strong understanding of the key inherent risks and the end to end control environment associated with these businesses
- Ability to build strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust to derive commercial insights
- Relevant internationally recognised auditing or professional accounting qualifications
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/11/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.