Payment Hub Senior Accountant
- Perform complex end-to-end payment processes that may include (but are not listed to); payments preparation, review and release, accounting documents processing and preparation of daily cash balances.
- Assisting with analyzing banking statements and financial audits.
- Assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls, performing other projects and/or reports as assigned etc.
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Developing and maintaining close working relations with the business locations
- Implementing and documenting change and investigating its implications
- Identify, report and escalate control gaps to establish effective best practice controls to achieve Risk Excellence
- Gathering, validating and objectively analyzing relevant information to identify key issues, drawing sound conclusions and making decisions on the appropriate course of action.
- Besides Team Leader be the first point of contact and first person to give opinion on team staff improvements’ suggestions; process improvements, application upgrade or different tasks allocation.
- Be able to cover Team Leader in case of absence
- Co-ordinates new processes and initiatives. Liaise with respective parties as required
- Improves formalized standards and procedures in using new technologies and facilitates others in learning new technologies
- Identify areas of opportunity for growth and improvement in payment hub function processes/ sub-processes, optimize team performance measurement system
- Document, train and transfer knowledge in order to support manager to build capacity and capability in the team
- Perform problem tracking and ensure that issues are escalated in a timely manner and properly documented, prioritized, tracked, and resolved
- Any other tasks assigned by manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ year working experience in accounting processes, experience in the payments related function is preferred
- Some supervisory experience desirable
- Experience of working in MNCs or shared services is preferred
- Strong documentation and report-writing skills
- Have strong responsibility, honest and positive attitude towards the job
- Proactive, reflective and can learn quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Fluent English skills, including listening, reading, writing and speaking
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage deliverables
- Strong attention to details
- Be proficient with medium/large accounting systems
Who we are looking for:
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund accountants are primarily responsible for the timely and accurate execution and reporting of net asset valuations (NAVs) for our clients’ accounts (funds). The fund accountant identifies, analyzes and substantiates impacts to the NAV. Critical functions performed include the processing and verification of all subscription and redemption activity (for unitized products), posting and monitoring of expense accruals, security transaction and corporate action review, monitoring of dividend and interest income and accruals, mark-to-market calculations, monitoring of securities pricing impacts, price dissemination and generating various accounting-based reporting.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
. The fund accountant also reconciles various accounts, or reviews reconciliations prepared by others to ensure the integrity of the NAV. Lastly, you may also be involved with income distributions, help prepare financial statements or audit funds.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above
- Demonstrate ability to resolve issues and client queries independently and communicate with other teams in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Act collaboratively in the team.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.