Future Opportunity: Indirect Tax - VAT
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world. The diversity of services, projects, and backgrounds results in a dynamic, multicultural, and inclusive work environment. If you feel that it sounds like the right place to be – get to know us.The opportunity:
Our tax department is growing and we may very soon have open positions in our EMEIA Tax Center dedicated for Indirect Tax /VAT specialists from senior to manager levels.Your key responsibilities: For senior level candidates:
- Implement Client’s engagements from start to finish (Planning, executing, directing and completing project)
- Manage engagement economics
- Interpreting and complying with state and local statutes, regulations and legislations
- Proactively resolve tax-related problem and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Act as a single point of contact to handle the engagement related activities for the Central team or Local EY representatives
- Detailed review of amended returns and supporting work papers
- Assist in preparation of responses to various tax audits
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state and local taxation issues
- Gain understanding of Client operations, processes and business activities
- Supervise, train and mentor staffs and interns on the engagements
- Liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance - being a central point of contact
- Organize and coordinate the client serving team during the resolution of any out of scope activities
- Monitor the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Final review and sign-off of indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Support the Assistance VAT Controller ('Assistance manager') in case of issues encountered during the preparation of the returns
- Propose improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes
- Organizing the annual desktop review
- Final review of the periodical indirect tax compliance calendar and sending this to client
- Managing the completion of the full cycle for an indirect tax return
- Managing the set-up of new technology tools
- Updating the engagement documentation (desk procedures)
- Managing contractual agreements with local EY offices
- Identify opportunities to bring to clients based upon their footprint and issues
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners. Staying up to date on all relevant changes in the international tax landscape and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
- + 4 years of relevant professional experience in European VAT and VAT compliance
- Excellent English
- Good knowledge of general VAT principles.
- Excellent knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems.
- Broad exposure to federal and state income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations • Accounts Payable / Receivable experience
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with good communication skills.
- Understanding of Global Indirect Tax Compliance and the associated processes.
- Hands on Indirect Tax – VAT or Property Tax Experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of the other services:
- Direct Tax Compliance
- Statutory Reporting
- Corporate Secretarial
- Service Management
- Investment Products Tax
- Technical expertise on the Power BI, Alteryx tools is appreciated
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.