Italy Tax Advisor
We are currently looking for an experienced Tax professional speaking fluent Italian for join our Country Tax Team. The role is based in our Krakow center but it is part of our global tax structures with reporting lines to Head of Filing & Reporting and Country Tax Lead for Italy.
The Country Tax Team is responsible for entire corporate tax management (from shaping to litigation) relating to the Italy fiscal regime for upstream & downstream businesses. The incumbent will be a part of the Country Tax Team with 2 key responsibility areas: Tax Advisory & Litigation and Stakeholder Management.
1. Tax Advisory and Litigation
- Ensure provision of concise, accurate, comprehensive, intelligible and timely Italy tax advice to Shell Stakeholders (example changes in tax laws & business, withholding taxes, permanent establishments, tax residency, liquidations, etc.);
- Carefully identify tax planning / savings opportunities, align various stakeholders and deliver tax values efficiently (reference PROMs);
- Provide timely and accurate routine corporate tax advisory support (example withholding tax rates, tax codes, review of contracts, input assurances, etc.) to businesses and Tax Operations;
- Deliver first time right quarter-end reporting activities (such as operation and management of relevant tax controls, uncertain tax positions, DTA memos, LE/OP support, QUN, etc.) as per group tax reporting guidelines;
- Define corporate tax litigation strategies for open years (i.e. on-going litigations) with guidance from the Country Tax Lead, work with various internal stakeholders and execute the strategy efficiently (including representation before the Italian Revenue Agency - IRA);
- Prepare appropriate local Transfer Pricing documentation and supporting materials;
- Assist CTL in CFFO improvement initiatives, (through thought leadership, planning, stakeholder alignment and rigorous follow up with IRA);
- Assist with relationship with IRA under “enhanced taxpayer relationship” principles;
- Support Country Tax Lead in delivery of Tax Score Card; and
- Establish and maintain good working relations statutory auditors, tax advisory and law firms.
2. People and stakeholder management:
- Become a trusted and valued member of the Country Tax team and the various asset/project teams;
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity; and
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution with the Finance Operations /business.
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal body with minimum 7 years of corporate tax experience working with professional firms or multinational firms;
- Business proficiency in Italian and English language is required;
- Strong corporate tax knowledge (Italy tax knowledge preferred) with experiences in management of tax controversy;
- Effective influencing and communication skills both written and oral (ability to explain complex tax concepts in layman language is critical);
- Efficient project management and tax prioritization skills;
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems and excellent MS Office skill;
- Ability to coach and impart such skills in the team.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.