Opportunity for a Fund Accountant with up to 6 years experience within Financial Services to join a global Financial Services firm in the City of London. Financial Services experience is essential for this position.
Global Financial Services firm with a key focus on fund administration and private equity.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
- Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics.
- Dealing with year end audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting operation.
- Collect appropriate data and preparing government reports and tax returns.
- Degree educated with A's and B's at A Level.
- Financial Services experience.
- Part Qualified (ACCA or CIMA)
- A full understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a funds environment.
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated working use of accounting packages.
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Full study support
- Private healthcare
- Dental Insurance
- Season ticket loan