Information Systems Auditor, Office of Internal Audit
- Assist in risk assessment and internal control evaluation of the University's Operations, in particular, the IT environment.
- Plan & conduct IT general and applications controls reviews.
- Direct and perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Prepare audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepare and present written reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Discuss issues noted & conduct exit meetings with auditees.
- Generate, analyse and interpret data for reporting of abnormities.
- Perform periodic follow up audits & monitor status of implementation.
- Assist in operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
- Conduct post-implementation review of new IT applications implemented.
- Review & recommend improvements to existing and/or new IT policy & procedures.
- Consult with and advises on various operational issues related to computerized information systems, and on general business operations as needed.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Assist in preparation of audit committee meeting materials and other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manage outsource vendor for specialized IT audits when required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in IT audit.
- Knowledge of SAP, People Soft application and Data analytical tool, would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of IT risk management.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to perform internal control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to understand and/or has keen interests in understanding business processes and associated internal controls.
- Independent, self-motivated, resourceful and "customer" focused.
- Good report writing skills that require minimal rework.
- Good inter-personal skills.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.