Tax & Accounting Product Compliance Manager
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As Tax & Accounting Product Compliance Manager you’ll play an integral role in directly contributing to the Xero Vision to be the most insightful and trusted small business platform by ensuring that the products Xero builds comply with local government regulations. You will build and own the regulatory risk map for the UK & EMEA region, highlighting where regulatory change will impact areas of our platform and the opportunities this change offers Xero and small business.
What you’ll do…
- Define and execute the operating model and risk frameworks by which Xero reviews its product against current and proposed legislation in region, working closely with stakeholders from Product, Technology, Go to Market, Legal and other groups
- Review future product features and functionality, providing input during the planning phase, to ensure they align with current and proposed legislation and regulatory requirements
- Work with product teams to help them understand relevant requirements and translate these into accurate technical specifications
- Be an active member of the internal community of regulatory and product subject matter experts, supporting those in other regions performing a similar function and our in-region specialists
- Work with government agencies and professional bodies (in particular tax authorities and those driving compliance requirements in product), to represent Xero and participate in technical working groups, ensuring we build strong communication channels to support implementation and collaboration opportunities around future changes in regulatory requirements
- Support M&A teams on awareness of regulatory requirements that may impact their proposals
- Assist the product team and extended business with day-to-day regulatory compliance queries
What you’ll bring…
- You’ll hold a degree or higher in Accounting, Taxation or Finance. And/or be a qualified accountant or bookkeeper and current member of a professional body
- You’ll have extensive experience in public practice with a focus on taxation, compliance with working knowledge of regional requirements around accounting and reporting obligations
- You’ll be experienced in writing technical advice and conducting risk assessments, with the ability to translate technical regulatory detail into natural english for use by key stakeholders
- You’ll possess excellent working knowledge of regional regulatory requirements that impact or drive data and returns flowing in/out of the tax authorities (broadly around income tax, sales tax, payroll and related cyber security and privacy requirements)
- You’ll have the ability to build strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including senior leadership, external customers and technical peers
- You’ll thrive on managing your own time and approach to work; demonstrating excellent prioritisation skills, confident and accurate decision making and a strong results based way of working
- If you have experience building product roadmaps this is desirable but not essential
This is a permanent role ideally based in our office in London or Milton Keynes. Xero is a global business, so while your focus is in-region, it will be necessary for you to regularly work with teams who are globally dispersed and may result in meetings and collaboration with colleagues in other timezones (and outside the “standard business hours” of your region, so we also offer flexibility to mix in working from home days. The role is accompanied by a competitive salary plus benefits.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.