x15 Finance Analyst
1 day left
- Full time
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
Hi, we’re x15ventures. We’re like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Here to shake up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need.
And what sets us apart? We’re combining the best of enterprise and start up. Leveraging CommBank’s strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver ground breaking stand-alone digital businesses. We know that’s vague. But it’s because we have to be – the stuff we’re working on is ground-breaking. By 2024 we’ll have launched 25+ businesses. That’s no mean feat. And to give you a sense of what kind of impact you could have here, check out one of our latest ventures, Vonto.
The x15 Finance team is part of the Group Support Services Finance team (GSSF). GSSF is part of Group Finance, reporting into the Head of Group Finance, who reports to the Group CFO. x15 Finance support the x15 business who serve a portfolio of different innovation ventures and their respective customer groups. The Finance team is responsible for end-end financial management of the x15 business.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Finance Analyst for x15ventures. You will be involved in continuing to establish the finance function for x15, this includes driving the finance reporting and governance for x15ventures as well as subsidiary management. The key responsibilities include:
- Financial Control: help to build and maintain a strong financial control environment
- Decision Support: review investment asks and change initiatives for ventures and constructively challenge assumptions where required
- Planning & Forecasting: manage the annual investment spend allocation for x15ventures including rolling forecasts for individual ventures
- Business Partnering: work closely with ventures and the x15 Parent team track performance and milestones, and apply financial and accounting acumen to assist with decision making including engaging SMEs within CBA Group Finance where required for expertise on areas such as Accounting Policy and Tax
- Subsidiary Management: prepare statutory accounts for the x15 legal entity and related capital management
The real question: what’s in it for you?
There’s nothing worse than a job where it’s Groundhog Day. Where you don’t feel challenged, or pushed to be your best. Where you’re stuck in a role where there’s no growth. Working on things you don’t really care about.
Well not here. Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development – every day. Working on things you’re truly passionate about. Working side by side with leadership, exposed big decision making, brought in to help solve challenges. Collaboration. The opportunity is limitless.
But there will be uncertainty. And that will lead to some high pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so.
Are you a perfect match?
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Advanced competency in Microsoft based products (including Excel and PowerPoint), and experience in Oracle, Tableau, Essbase
- Experience in a management or financial accounting role displaying commercial acumen and strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and execution
- Intermediate SQL and Altryx skills preferred
Something to keep in mind
- We offer flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role;
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!
This role is based at South Eveleigh – our brand new state-of-the-art precinct which will soon be home to 10,000 of our people. We’re embedding ourselves in a location that will support our goal to be best in digital. We’ll be part of the wider technology community at this exciting location so the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas will be endless
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 26/11/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.