Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a large retailer within the UK. The scope of the role looks at the deliverance of Treasury related financial reporting requirements including preparation of supporting notes to financial statements, covenant tracking and overseeing reporting for the two securitisation financing vehicles. There will also be the opportunity to support the wider Corporate Finance team on key projects.
Our client is a renowned retailer across the UK. They are looking for a Treasury Accountant to join their team based in Bury St. Edmunds.
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant role include:
- Understanding of the group treasury facilities and reporting requirements on the securitisation vehicles
- Ownership and control of treasury P&L and balance sheet and oversight over the periodic reporting of debt, derivatives and finance costs
- Financial reporting at a parent, GK group and subsidiary level including the production of various disclosures and notes to the accounts in relation to borrowings, financial instruments, finance costs and net debt
- Engagement with external auditors and the financial reporting team of the group's ultimate parent on all matters in relation to borrowings, financial instruments and finance costs, including the production of audit-quality supporting schedules.
- Preparation of key treasury related inputs such as WACC, Probability of default, Loss Given Default and Incremental Borrowing Rates used in the wider corporate team.
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you require:
- Qualified Accountant ACA (or equivalent)
- Practice background with financial sector experience is desired
- Ability to create and understand more advanced excel spreadsheets
- Strong people, team and communication skills
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Attention to detail, ensuring that outputs are of high quality
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Flexible approach to workload, able to adjust easily to changing priorities
The package on offer is £50,000 plus benefits.