Assistant Fund Accountant
The Assistant Fund Accountant will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity or real estate clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met.
A globally renowned financial services firm specialising in Fund Administration for Private Equity & Real Estate. This role is situated in their new headquarters in the heart of the City of London.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Assistant Fund Accountant:
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
- Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics.
- Dealing with year end audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting operation.
- Collect appropriate data and preparing government reports and tax returns.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required of the Assistant Fund Accountant:
- Part-Qualified working towards an Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) having sat and passed exams. Preferably finalist level.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree minimum from a top university, A-B at A-Level.
- Fund Accounting background within Financial Services. A full understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated working use of accounting packages.
Looking to pay up to £50,000 depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package (which includes full study support from day one)