Assistant Finance Manager
This role as an Assistant Finance Manager is working for a growing logistics company in Enfield who are looking for a proactive and knowledgeable individual to come in and take ownership of the full accounts function. If someone has previous experience in logistics distribution and supply chain it would be extremely advantageous but any experienced finance managers with team management experience will also be considered.
The client has established themselves over the last 20 years to be a very successful leader in their industry, with big growth plans over the coming years which means they could take the right candidate to a regional level. They are a leading company in the industry and work with top brands; the finance manager would play a key role in the core function of the business and be an integral member of senior management.
The key responsibilities of the assistant finance manager include:
- Preparing full sets of monthly management accounts
- Controlling the budgets and forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Collating and preparing analysis and various reports
- To ensure that all purchase orders and supplier invoices are logged and processed
- Budgeting and forecasting, preparing business plans
- To monitor cost flows and to identify future trends
- To liaise with Finance Manager, Regional Financial Controller, Site Manager and Customer in respect of financial information provision and analysis
- Financial modelling for business plans
- Developing models for efficiency, process improvements
- To manage budgets and provide accurate information and costing; providing a detailed variance analysis breakdown against Budget/Forecast.
The successful candidate will be astute and proactive and able to work well both independently and in a small team. They will be happy preparing reports and presenting findings to senior management and business partnering with stakeholders both internally and externally. Ideally the assistant finance manager will be looking to progress within a company, with great Excel skills and a highly detailed and analytical approach to work.
This role will provide great scope for an assistant finance manager to progress through to financial controller and even finance director in an established and growing organisation, whilst a competitive salary and great benefits are also included.