Mixed Tax Manager
Mixed Tax Manager to join a leading South Wales firm as a pivotal hire with development on offer in this successful team.
A leading practice based in Newport undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Mixed Tax Manager role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Mixed Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Managing the tax team and the delivery of a quality compliance service across personal tax and corporate tax compliance.
- You will focus on delivering wide ranging tax advice to the firms clients, with a very mixed role across both personal and corporate tax.
- You will work on wide ranging tax planning and advisory work with examples across capital tax planning, IHT, trusts, wills, property related tax advice and tax implications and planning for succession for example.
- Significant involvement in corporate tax related work as well with the potential for involvement in mergers, sales and acquisitions tax advice, company reorganisations, R&D and other areas of corporate tax planning.
- You will look to grow and develop the firms tax department, managing the team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Mixed Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- You will be any of ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified with a career background in tax compliance and advisory/planning tax, gained within an accounting firm, or tax boutique firm of any size.
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Technical skill set based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client facing experience.
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning.
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief.
- Ideally you will bring a mixed tax technical skills across both personal and corporate tax advice.
- You may also bring a wider accountancy / mixed general practice background within your career, or equally may have focused entirely within the taxation sector throughout your career.
- You will have developed your career to at least Manager levels and be looking for the right career move where you can lead and develop a growing tax team and department.
- with a clear path to progress, along with looking to focus on advisory project work and deliver solutions to clients.
Scope for Equity Partner opportunities.
Fantastic office location.
Well established, supportive team.
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career such as Partner opportunities.