Financial Crimes Analyst
- $40 - $45 per hour plus superannuation | 2 - 3 month contract initially
- Young, dynamic culture
- This business can demonstrate rapid growth, not just use the buzz words
As we continue along our road to recovery there are certainly a raft of new roles coming to market as we speak and I'm thrilled to be working on this one! Describing themselves more like a tech business with a financial service slant, then a straight FS business, they are an emerging player in an increasingly competitive market. They are fast-growing and dynamic, which is reflected in the culture, one's that's all hands on deck, back each other up and kick goal after goal.
As the business continues to expand, the requirements in risk and compliance are growing. As a new Financial Crimes Analyst, you will play a critical role in ensuring the firm maintains a low-risk portfolio. Your duties will include:
- Transaction monitoring and customer screening;
- Investigating money laundering and fraud alerts;
- Review high-risk customers that may be flagged;
- Work to configure money laundering detection rules and prevent fraud and scams related to the banking products;
- Submit Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) and International Electronic Funds Transfer Instruction (IEFTI) reports following AUSTRAC requirements;
- Liaise with victims of fraud to identify root-causes for fraud events;
- Support the Head of Compliance with the AML program; and
- Test any changes to policies or procedures through a 'financial crimes lens' to identify potential risk areas.
- Demonstrate at least 2+ years in a similar financial crimes role and have been exposed to AML;
- Demonstrate strong experience in transaction monitoring, customer screening and AUSTRAC reporting;
- Strong analytical skills and investigation skills;
- You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly evolving business landscape;
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts to resolution; and
- You will be a strong multitasker.
What will you get in return
- Work in a dynamic and compelling business environment. The whole "start-up" vibe is a very real, very enjoyable and rewarding thing;
- Work with a group of young, dynamic and entrepreneurial professionals;
- Have the ability to advance your career, further, faster; and
- Tell your friends you work in "fintech" and explain to your family what fintech is and why it's cool.
How to Apply
For more information, please call Liam Hassell at u&u on 02 8245 7917 or email email@example.com quoting reference 20431. Alternatively, to submit an application, please click below.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.