One of the top global / US banks is seeking to improve its data governance processes, and to remediate a large backlog of data quality issues. This is a major initiative, with visibility up to the highest levels of management. Luxoft will provide a full team to deliver this project front–to–back, from gathering business requirements, through data analysis, solution development, testing, deployment, and support. Development will be required within the bank's strategic data lake, as well as in a large number of front office systems and data feeds. This will involve high levels of communication with many different stakeholders, across business lines, middle office, and multiple IT groups.
- Work with stakeholders including front–office traders, middle office trade support, and multiple IT teams
- Analyze existing data quality rules for accuracy and completeness
- Elicit requirements for new data quality rules governing critical data elements (CDE)
- Analyze JIRA issues related to data quality exceptions, primarily missing data elements and invalid data elements. Identify false positives, identify duplicates, and develop useful ways to group, categorize, and prioritize these issues.
- Write complex SQL queries against multiple databases, to analyze existing data, and understand the scope and nature of data quality issues
- Understand and document data flows
- Write specifications for data quality rules, including new ones as well as changes to existing ones
- Write specifications for fixes to front–office systems, to avoid future data quality issues
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following financial product (equities, derivatives, commodities, etc), and general knowledge of trade flow in an investment bank
- Good knowledge of financial data, including market data and trade data. This includes some experience with data quality issues in the financial domain.
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience writing requirements documents
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi–tasking