HIX Business Analyst / Business Analyst with healthcare exposure
HIX Business Analyst
HIX Business Analyst
Worksite– Quincy, MA Remote to start. Onsite in December
The BA is responsible for ensuring requirements for new releases are SMART, that they meet the needs and intent of CCA and MassHealth, that there is enough test coverage to validate those requirements, and that the business operations teams for the two agencies are sufficiently prepared to operate the new/changed requirements once they're deployed. The Business Analyst is the go–to person to understand what specifically will be included in a release and how new/changed features and functions will work – and how those new/changed features and functions will impact the business operations.
- Develop a requirement gathering plan, considering complexity and urgency, availability of SMEs and development staff, lead time needed for development and testing staff, and other factors
- Determine logistics and workflow for requirements management in terms of how they are documented, loaded into requirements management tools, produced in deliverables and more.
- Lead JAR/JAD workshops with business SMEs, developers, testers, and BSAs to analyze business processes, workflows, business rules, events, triggers, roles, integrated systems, data flows, and other aspects and clearly and concisely document business requirements and functional designs supporting MA HIX system enhancement
- Identify, trap, and solve problems in these and related areas every day
- Documents (BRDs) and Functional Designs (FDs) that concisely define solution requirements and functional designs within releases
- Develop SME skills level for the entire MA HIX system
- Mentor and lead BSAs and business SMEs in elaborating and documenting business requirements and functional designs using best practices
- Facilitate JAR/JAD meetings with stakeholders on demand to elaborate solution alternatives in response to scope changes from change requests and produce updated BRDs and FDs, as needed
- Publish Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) mapping requirements and test cases to ensure complete test coverage against in–scope requirements and designs in BRDs and FDs
- BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years business project experience (Government experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and experience in supporting technical and non–technical staff
- Strong background in developing trust and confidence in relationships with Clients and cross–functional teams; experience coordinating and fulfilling requests for internal/external changes.
- Experience identifying, creating and demonstrating goals, metrics, and objectives; developing IT operations strategies and practices. Demonstrated expertise in information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions.
- Ability and skill to influence personnel through a matrix organization as well as through a line management authority; Ability to participate with upper management in a decision support mode through the development of appropriate management information.
- Exceptional Client communications and negotiation skills.
- Must be a self–starter, have a broad technical background, possess both critical–thinking and analytical skills and must be able to manage and prioritize many tasks at any given time.
- Amenable to learning new software/databases
- Advanced experience Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; working knowledge of MS Project and Visio a plus