Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. Directs a variety of functions in planning, coordinating and directing the accounting, payroll and financial reporting systems for the Company. Responsible for coordinating the enrollment of employees into Company benefit programs. Directs a variety of functions and activities required for Federal grant acquisition, compliance, and administration.Responsibilities
Salary –$65,000 starting
Benefits & Perks
• Health Insurance (Blue Cross & Blue Shield), Vision and Dental
• 401k retirement (5% company match)
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Twelve paid sick days annually
• On–site fitness room, lockers and showers
• Buss Pass
• Monday–Friday schedule
• Bi–weekly pay
- Performs financial analysis, budget preparations, and revisions.
- Filing of grant applications and reporting
- Directs and/or performs the administration of general accounting, payroll, grants, and related financial reporting
- Performs financial management of capital projects, contracting, audits and procurement.
- Responsible for DBE Program, including goal attainment
- Performs and/or oversees accounts payable and receivable functions
- Oversees all fares, other revenue collections, and reporting functions
- Oversees all purchasing functions
- Responsible for maintaining all records relating to the financials functions
- Prepares and/or updates all financial plans, as required
- Advises department managers on financial matters relating to budgetary matters
- Maintain record and oversee internal controls for farebox and ticket revenue
- Prepares reports for State, Federal and City agencies as required
- Coordinates enrollment in benefits programs and maintains group insurance records for medical, life, and other coverage for employees and eligible dependents. Processes enrollment forms and provides assistance and information to employees.
- Responsible for overseeing payroll processing and preparing monthly payments and reconciliation of insurance premiums
- Responsible for coordinating 401(k) disbursements and loans.
- Maintaining 401(k) contributions which includes: calculation of year–to–date hours/salary and the calculation of employer's match. Submit in a timely manner to 401(k) fund.
- May serve as back–up to Revenue Counter in money counting room and Payroll Clerk in weekly payroll processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in accounting, finance, or related subject required
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification required
- 7 or more years of experience, including 3 years of supervisory experience, required
- 3 to 5 years of transit experience (preferable)
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of accounting including accounting theory and principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles required
- Ability to coach and mentor employees, assign work, develop employees, assess performance and provide performance feedback
- Ability to interpret, apply, and improve processes and procedures
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Access, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Travel requirement (as a percent):
- Must successfully pass drug test and criminal background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private–sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.