Audit Quality and Risk ISQM Senior Manager
- Deloitte Flex - We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility
- Buy and sell leave - purchase up to 6 weeks of extra annual leave.
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, to Windows
Do you want to work with an intellectually curious team of quality and risk professionals working to improve audit quality and protect our brand with clients each day?
What will your typical day look like?
The ISQM 1 workstream is a team within the Audit & Assurance Quality & Risk (AAQR) team which is a national team that supports audit practitioners deliver high quality audits.
The opportunity will provide challenging work and opportunity to work with senior stakeholders, including:
- Understand the environment, processes, risks and controls in the firm to support the delivery of high-quality audits
- Challenge and validation of overall Global System of Quality Management assessment and provide supplementation for Australia specific considerations
- Liaise with Workstream Leaders for each component of ISQM 1 to understand their areas and support the tailoring of response to mitigate quality risks
- Understand key systems and information used in the System of Quality Management in Australia, and multidisciplinary model (MDM) impacts across the firm
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities based on the firm assessment of quality risks and responses
- Stakeholder management and influence senior partners to adopt leading practices identified in Asia Pacific
- Work closely with the ISQM 1 leader in both Australia and Asia Pacific to deliver the implementation of ISQM 1 by Dec 2022.
About the team
An experienced, agile and cohesive team that are focused on improving audit quality and managing risk in the business through being trusted advisors, delivering the technology and content enablers, providing learning and support material and leading the monitoring programs. We also partner with the Transformation team to enhance the audit experience for practitioners through standardisation, codification and automation.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
- CA qualifications (or similar) with 6 years professional services or other relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of auditing related standards. Technical, in the detail and good research ability.
- Strong risk-sensing radar and ability to think critically. You take responsibility, show initiative and put forward innovative ideas
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Some experience in a role within audit quality, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Charyke Crouse from the recruitment team at (02) 9322 5623. We'd love to hear from you!