Reconciliation Oversight, Senior Associate - Edinburgh
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record-keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Reconciliation Oversight , Senior Associate you will:
Reporting to the team manager you will be part of the GM Recon Oversight team. GM Recon Oversight primarily supports the Securities Finance Agency and Enhanced Custody Securities Lending programme but also performs recon tasks for FX, Fund Connect and other Global Markets business groups.
The team performs oversight of an offshore recon processing team and is the direct liaison team between the recon function and the supported business areas.
Recon is a consistently evolving process hence there will be significant project work alongside BAU activity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support GM Recon Oversight team in monitoring offshore team activity.
- Build strong working relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Engagement and ownership of project work impacting or led by GM Recon.
- Review of overall job process with a view to leveraging further efficiencies.
- Investigation of escalated cash and position breaks and working with internal teams to identify and resolve root cause.
- Implementation of new audit compliant recon processes.
- Understand and investigate exception trends and working with supported business groups to identify and implement resolution.
- Manage own continued professional development by engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training per development pathways.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work under own initiative and show ownership of or responsibility for process change.
- Able to work with internal contacts at all seniority levels.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly computer literate – good knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and deadline-driven on a day to day basis
- Self-driven and able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of Fund Trading or Reconciliations an advantage.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a Financial Services Operations team.
- Prior experience of Recon and related platforms an advantage.
Some travel may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.