Consultant / Senior Consultant, Tax Technology and Transformation (APTC)
Our Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of tax and technology professionals in 150 countries, you will get plenty of opportunities to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting, data management, implementation of tax software systems and designing and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
As a member of the Tax Technology & Transformation practice, you’ll create exciting solutions and support the team in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You will be involved in key projects to assist our clients to optimise performance of their functions.
Your key responsibilities
- Work on large finance and tax transformations
- Help our clients leverage SAP to improve the tax function by supporting and automating internal and external operations of multinational tax departments
- Evaluate and optimize tax functions: By assessing current state, benchmarking with leading practice, providing optimization solution options, etc.
- Process and Controls Enhancement: Re-design and deploy streamlined tax processes including new technology solutions to standardized work processes, embed proper controls and manage risks
Skills and attributes for success
- A keen interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions
- Delivering large projects and programs related to SAP implementations and transformations
- Manage the successful delivery of various Tax Technology projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach
- Having an ability to understand key tax processes and translate those requirements into SAP
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional tax and advisory teams
- Comfortable with picking up technology processes and software
- Willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Information Systems or in Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of three to five years of related work experience
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Strong and motivated team player
Ideally, you also have
- Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems
- Experience defining data and reporting needs for a tax department
- Experience in managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g. ERP implementations, finance transformations, etc
- Experience working in public accounting firms and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.