Finance COO and Operational Risk Lead (Frankfurt)
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career.
- Provide COO support for the German CFO and her management team including:
- Headcount and expense management
- Execution of the people agenda supporting global and local programmes for recruitment; training; mentoring; employee engagement
- Partner with the regional EMEA COO team to ensure regional consistency and share best-practices
- Oversee Finance compliance with local and Firm outsourcing control and governance requirements
- Provide project management and reporting for a number of high profile regulatory driven initiatives and other ad-hoc projects
- Develop strong working relationships and represent the Finance division whilst collaborating with other divisions such as Risk Department, Operations, Corporate Services, HR, Technology and the Centralised Outsourcing Control Office (COCO)
- Strong track record of success in a COO or Operational Risk role within the Financial Services industry or broader professional services which may include internal or external audit
- Experience in / knowledge of the workings of the finance division and the broader regulatory framework in which the financial services industry operates an advantage. Interest in these topics a requirement
- Appreciation of operational risk concepts including identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting and remediation of operational risks
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and to influence global stakeholders
- Commitment as a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative & problem solving abilities
- Strong client and partner relationship abilities in a global organization
- Analytical skills with a control focus and high regard for attention to detail
- Critical thinking in order to challenge processes, solve for ad hoc queries and creativity to suggest alternative approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Strong MS office skills.
The specific role is in the Finance Centralized Management function reporting jointly to the German Group Chief Operating Officer and the regional EMEA Finance Chief Operating Officer who is based in London.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.