Financial Operations Analyst (Multiple Vacancies)
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Markets & Securities Services Department is a global unit responsible for all securities account and fund accounting services. Join one of our teams to have a unique opportunity to progress your career with one of the largest financial services institutions in the world.
We are currently hiring for various positions: Asset Servicing Analyst, Trade Processing Analyst, Fund Accounting Analyst and Risk Operations Analyst.
We are looking for individuals who are genuinely interested in Finance and willing to develop further in this area. The successful candidates will demonstrate relevant experience and ability to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions. They will have good grasp the concept of capital markets.
Would you like to contribute to our mission of enabling Growth and Progress? Then, your place is here!
The main scope of responsibilities include:
- Routine operational tasks focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation, and resolving problems that require investigation or research
- Booking / verification of transactions made for investment funds accounts
- Performing multiple transactions of moderate complexity
- Reconciling and processing positions related to Corporate Action events
- Contact with market participants to ensure all relevant information are reflected in Citi systems
- The timely resolution of all stock exceptions following reconciliation
- Calculation and verification of the Net Asset Value (NAV) of Citi Clients’ funds in line with the fund prospectus
- Ensuring all financial instruments are processed correctly
- Reviewing stock and cash reconciliations to ensure the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated
- Analyzing cause and suggest enhancements for recurring exceptions through review of reconciliations and analysis of NAVs
- Monitoring and review of the activity taking place within the fund including the verification of security trading, security valuations, corporate action events, income and expense accruals, derivative positions, and reconciliation of accounting records to the custodian
What would You get in return?
- Full time job contract
- International working environment at the office
- Sponsorship of globally recognized certificates in financial industry (Institute of Banking, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment)
- A chance to develop your own career across a number of diverse, growing functions (both locally and abroad)
- Working as part of a team of professionals with vast knowledge of the financial environment
- Possibility to work on either day or afternoon shifts,
- Availability of remote work
- Access to unlimited number of training
- A number of other financial and non-financial benefits (Medicover, MultiSport, private pension plan, life insurance etc.)
What do you need to become our Financial Operations Analyst?
- Around 1-2 years of experience in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Knowledge of multiple types of investment instruments and/or knowledge of accounting
- ACCA certificate - nice to have
- Advanced level of English (min. B2)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access- is desired)
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- The ability to learn quickly and willingness to acquire new skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree would be a great advantage
- Studying for ACCA, ACA or CIMA will be an asset
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity please visit our website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.