Hedge Accounting Specialist
Hedge Accounting Specialist role for a global consultancy/professional services firm. This is an exciting, client-facing role with great progression opportunities. Up to £75,000 with Package.
Our client is a specialist global consultancy/professional services firm and is top tier firm within their market. They advise a range of clients from household name corporate businesses, huge private equity firms to high growth start-ups across a range of services.
As a growing business within a buoyant market they are looking to bring in a Hedge Accounting Specialist into their Central London Office. This is a newly-created role and one that offers great senior stakeholder interaction, clear progression and the opportunity to become a specialist in your field whilst supporting UK-based and international colleagues and clients.
This Hedge Accounting Specialist will be a client-facing role with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead role supporting clients and providing advisory from a treasury perspective
- Advise and support clients on hedge accounting reports, policies and procedures as well as providing support on valuation statements
- Presentation of findings, risks, and appropriate response board/senior leadership teams in order to deliver change/improvements
- Assist with the development of hedge accounting procedures and controls in accordance with changes in accounting standards
- oversee client onboarding, development of existing client relationships to broaden the firms offering as well as playing a lead role in winning new business to expand the firms client base
- Assist and advice with implementation and development of new systems
- Qualified Accountant
- Likely Manager level in practice or will have treasury industry experience after qualifying
- Proven background in hedge accounting and valuations
- Proven working knowledge of SOX, IFRS 9 & US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards related to hedge accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills - comfortable managing multiple stakeholders in a client-facing role
- Able to commute to Central London
What's On Offer
- Up to £75,000 (Experience Dependant)
- Great autonomy and visibility within a global firm as well as excellent senior stakeholder exposure
- Clear progression internally as well as pathways into industry or within the Private Equity/Fund space