Head of Section, Finance Strategy & Reporting
1. Manage the preparation of statutory audited financial statements of the Corporation and ensure it complies with the relevant laws, accounting standards and best practices in disclosure of information.
2. Assist in reviewing and keeping track of the month-end closing, analysis of financial performance, highlighting trends and variances. Focus given to analysis on operating business income as well as investment income.
3. Assist in reviewing Branches Profitability Report, which then lead to compilation of Financial Performance Report to Management and Board of Directors.
4. Monitoring of assets, including off-balance sheet items, i.e. guarantees
5. Assist in reviewing the calculation on MFRS9 Expected Credit Loss (ECL) and verify whether provision made were sensible (for both operating business income and investment income)
6. Provide cash flow forecast and CGC operational fund management to ensure Corporation has adequate liquidity in meeting its obligations
7. Assist in reviewing ALCO Report
8. Assist in reviewing compiled financial information for timely periodic submission to Bank Negara Malaysia.
9. Managing external stakeholders such as rating agency, external auditor, and regulator on financial related matters
10. Identify and execute potential process improvement areas and propose the necessary solution / processes to be adopted by the Department
11. Formulate FIN related policy, procedures and guidelines to conform with best market practices
12. Perform corporate transaction(s) such as merger and acquisition exercise, as and when the need arises
Other’s ad-hoc task assigned as and when required.