DataStage ETL Developer
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
ETL Developer Position Description
We are seeking a highly skilled ETL Developer to design and fill a bespoke data warehousing environment. The duties will include providing production support, consulting with the data management team, reviewing the storage needs of the company, creating a refined data warehousing environment, extracting data from university servers, filling the new warehousing system, and testing the environment upon completion.
Ideal candidates should have extensive knowledge of coding languages and warehouse architecture, be able to see the big picture of a company's data needs and be able to clearly communicate their ideas to the company. The ETL Developer will create a highly efficient and customized warehouse environment that perfectly suits the data storage needs of the company.
- Provide production support to ensure that the master sequences are successfully refreshed Monday–Friday
- Consult with data management teams to get a big–picture idea of the company's data storage needs.
- Present the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs.
- Design and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conduct preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extract company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment.
- Test the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support
- 2 –3 years – Extensive knowledge of coding languages including Java, XML, and SQL
- 2 years – Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW
- 2 years – Experience in writing and supporting DataStage ETL jobs