Auditor and Governance Specialist
- Responsible for auditing a range of programmes managed by Pobal to ensure that monies are spent for the purposes intended and that key conditions attached to the programmes, including good governance standards, are complied with.
- While outputs must be delivered in a timely manner, a high degree of flexibility is expected and the ability to work autonomously in a diverse range of locations is essential.
- Depending on business needs, the successful post-holder will be expected to work interchangeably across a diverse range of business areas within the CAR Directorate as they relate to funded organisations, including routine verification checks, targeted interventions in specific risk cases and governance assessments, which focus on key policies and procedures.
- It should be noted that the checks are expected to involve on-site visits to funded organisations, remote (desk-based) assessments or a blended approach.
- A key requirement of the position is an ability to provide objective and constructive feedback to funded organisations in order to assist them in improving record-keeping and governance standards.
- A proven track record of achievement in producing high quality results within specified deadline
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Evidence of producing high quality reports and written materials
- Strong financial management experience and knowledge.
- Professional recognised accounting qualification. Applications from other candidates with good academic backgrounds plus significant relevant experience of auditing grant claims and / or forensic accounting may also be considered
- Full driving licence and provision of car for business purposes.
To see the full job description please click apply.