My client it looking for an Accountant with at least 18 months' experience within a practice to join it's City based office. 30% of the candidates time will be spent on my clients accounts and 70% will be dedicated to performing accounting duties on their portfolio of UK SME clients.
My client is a back office support business for entrepreneurs and SMEs. Their head office is based in the City of London.
As the Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Management of your client's payroll and VAT
- Meet client's statutory deadlines, such as VAT returns, RTI Submissions, Statutory Accounts, Company and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Research and consulting activities related to the implementation of automation tools to help manage client portfolio.
- Taking on and managing new clients
- Building relationships with clients and gain referrals from them to help grow the business
- Assisting your clients with tax planning, taxation and accountancy advice
- Advise clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation
- Respond to client enquiries in line with the company guarantee policy ensuring all clients are responded to the same day
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues
- Supporting team members with more complex accounting scenarios
- Support the team, and Team Manager, to continuously deliver the agreed level of service
- Undertake any additional duties your line manager may ask of, within the scope of your role.
To be considered for this Accountant role you must have the following:
- Minimum of 18 months' experience within an accountancy practice
- Previously been responsible for managing a portfolio of clients
- ACCA / CIMA part qualified accountant essential
- Knowledge of various accounting software (IRIS, XERO, Quickbooks, etc)
- Experience of mentoring junior team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with accuracy and an attention to detail
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home
- Flexible working